1. Your Agreement
You must be 13 years or older to use our Platform. Do not use our Platform unless you are at least 13 years of age. If you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, then by accessing our Platform you agree that you have read, understood, and accept to be bound by the Terms. If you are 13 years or older, but have not reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, then by accessing our Platform, you agree that your parent or guardian has reviewed and accepts to be bound by these Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR PLATFORM.
2. Your Consent to Our Privacy Practices.
3. Registration; Password Protection.
We may make certain areas of the Platform accessible only to users that have a password. While you can visit the Platform as a Guest User, to access and participate in our Services, you must become a Registered User. For example, only Registered Users can subscribe to our paid Services, participate in Partie Meetups (PM), and manage reward points. During the registration process, you will be required to provide certain information about you. You agree that the information you provide to us in this process is complete and accurate.
If you become a Registered User, and if you obtain a password, please keep in mind that we will treat anyone who uses your user name and password as "you." We will provide this user with all of the rights and privileges that we provide to you, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of a person using your password. Therefore, we recommend that you maintain your user name and password in confidence, and that you refrain from disclosing this information to anyone who might "pretend" to be you with respect to the Platform and your participation in the Services. Please notify us immediately if you suspect that someone is using your user name and/or password in an inappropriate manner.
4. Ownership; Reservation of Rights.
All information, software, videos, audio, pictures, logos, trademarks, trade dress, and other content on the Platform or embodied in our Services, including all associated intellectual property rights (collectively, the "Partie Content"), are the property of Partie and its licensors, are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws, and/or are used under the principles of fair use. Partie and its licensors retain all rights with respect to the Platform and the Partie Content except those expressly granted to you in these Terms. You agree not to duplicate, publish, display, distribute, modify, or create derivative works from the material available through the Platform unless specifically authorized in writing to do so by Partie.
5. Grant of Rights.
5.1 Grant of Rights to Partie in User Content.
By submitting User Content when interacting with the Platform, uploading files, or through other means (if such features are available to you), you grant to Partie a perpetual, non-exclusive, transferrable, and sublicensable right to use, copy, reformat, index, modify, display, and distribute your User Content for the purposes of providing Services to you and for Partie's operations. No compensation will be paid with respect to Partie's use of your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all rights needed to provide the grant set out in this Section 5.1 (Grant of Rights to Partie in User Content).
5.2 Grant of Rights to You in Partie Content.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, worldwide right to access, execute, perform, and otherwise use the Platform and Partie Content solely for your personal uses, and provided that you shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, distribute, or otherwise commercially exploit the Platform or Partie Content; (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon the Platform or Partie Content; or (iii) reverse engineer, reverse compile, or access the Platform or the Partie Content in order to build a competitive product or service. You may access and view the Platform and the Partie Content for use solely as provided in these Terms, and you may not modify, copy, distribute, or otherwise use the Platform or the Partie Content for any other purposes.
6. Partie Rules.
As a condition to your use of the Platform, you agree to follow our rules ("Partie Rules") set out below. These Partie Rules are intended to ensure that all of our users can use the Platform in a safe, fun, and legal manner. In using our Platform or participating any Services, you will not:
• Upload, email, share, message, post, or otherwise transmit User Content that is unlawful, obscene, vulgar, harmful, hateful, violent, sexually suggestive, threatening, abusive, defamatory, or is otherwise objectionable. For example, don't share pornographic or "NSFW" images or videos (or links to such contents) in chatrooms or make comments that others will find offensive or hurtful.
• Share any material that impacts or invades the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, Personal Information, or other materials that reveal personal, private, or sensitive information about another person, without that person's consent. Don't participate in the practice of researching and sharing private information (sometimes referred to as "doxing") about another Partie user, or cyberbully or harass other users.
• Submit falsified, confusing, or deceptive information during the registration process or otherwise, for example, in attempt to impersonate or pose as another person, organization, or brand. Don't create or use a username or other identifier on our Platform that infringes anyone's rights of publicity or privacy.
• Infringe anyone's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights. You may not share materials subject to copyright protection over the Platform without the copyright owner's permission, or without a legitimate "fair use" justification for the transmittal.
• Distribute material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other devices or methods that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or Personal Information.
• Use the Platform to artificially generate traffic or page links to a website, or for any other purpose not expressly allowed under these Terms.
• Use the Platform in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Platform or interfere with anyone's use and enjoyment of the Platform, such as through sending "spam" email or messages to other users.
• Use the Platform to test or reverse engineer the Platform. Do not attempt to find limitations or vulnerabilities of our Platform, or to evade filtering capabilities in our Platform.
• Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through hacking, data harvesting, or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Platform.
• Use the Platform for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by these Terms. For example, do not use the Platform to violate any law, statute, or regulation.
7. Monitoring; Revocation or Suspension of Use Privileges.
Although we have no – and assume no – obligation to monitor activities on the Platform, we may employ filters designed to detect and block inappropriate content under our Partie Rules. We reserve the right to request edits to remove any information or material, in whole or in part, that we believe, in our sole discretion, is incompatible with our Partie Rules. IF YOU DO NOT REMOVE OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT IN RESPONSE TO OUR REASONABLE REQUESTS, THEN WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TERMINATE YOUR USE OF SOME OR ALL OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, AND TO REMOVE THE CONTENT AT ISSUE.
8. Reports and Complaints.
If you believe that a user has acted inappropriately, such as by violating our Partie Rules, then please report your concerns by contacting us as set out in Section 20 (Contact Us).
9. Links to Third-Party Platforms.
The Platform may contain links to third party websites or third party features (collectively, the "Linked Sites"). Linked Sites may include websites operated by third parties that we engage to provide certain Services, such as to process your subscription payments. Partie does not: (i) own these Linked Sites; (ii) assume any responsibility or liability for any content, opinions, material available on Linked Sites, or such Linked Sites' privacy practices with respect to information that you provide to the Linked Sites; (iii) endorse the content of any Linked Site; or (iv) warrant that a Linked Site will be free of computer viruses or other harmful code that can impact your computer or other web-access device. By using the Platform to link to another site (including Linked Sites), you agree and understand that such use is at your own risk.
10. User Conduct; User Disputes.
Partie is not responsible or liable for User Content or user conduct. You are solely responsible for your User Content, conduct, and interaction with other Platform users, both online or offline. We have no obligation to become involved in disputes between Platform users. If you have a dispute with another site user, then you release Partie (and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
11. Warranty Disclaimer.
PARTIE DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE PLATFORM, PARTIE CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. THE PLATFORM, PARTIE CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE DELIVERED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE PLATFORM, PARTIE CONTENT, OR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. PARTIE DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT MATERIALS YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE PLATFORM WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL FEATURES OR THAT YOUR PERFORMANCE IN ANY GAME WILL IMPROVE IN ANY WAY OR THAT YOU WILL BE SATISFIED THAT OTHER PLAYERS YOU ENCOUNTER OR MEET THROUGH PARTIE WILL BE SATISFACTORY OR THAT YOU WILL AVOID NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES.
PARTIE DISCLAIMS: (i) ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (ii) ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, OR LEGALITY OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING PARTIE CONTENT) OR SERVICES; AND (iii) ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR HARM RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING INFORMATION THROUGH THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING PARTIE CONTENT), INCLUDING HARM CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR SIMILAR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE PLATFORM, PARTIE CONTENT, AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
12. Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL PARTIE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, PARTIE CONTENT, AND SERVICES.
14. Contact for Alleged Copyright Infringement.
Partie respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires that its users do the same. If you believe that any content (including User Content and Partie Content) on the Platform or other activity taking place on the Platform constitutes infringement of a work protected by copyright (each, a "Work"), please notify us as follows:
Stuart Shanus Shanus Law 11150 Santa Monica Boulevard Suite 1400 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Phone: (310) 633-2327 Email: <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>
Your notice must comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512) (the "DMCA"). Upon receipt of a compliant notice, we will respond and proceed in accordance with the DMCA.
We have implemented a repeat infringer policy to address instances in which a particular user is subject to multiple DMCA notifications (the "Repeat Infringer Policy"). If we determine that a user has violated our Repeat Infringer Policy, then we may take in our sole discretion any number of steps including, but not limited to, issuing warnings to the applicable user, suspending or terminating that user's account, and/or any interim measures that we deem appropriate.
15. Modifications to these Terms; Assignment.
We may modify and change these Terms over time. We will not "retroactively" change these Terms, and any modifications we make shall take effect proactively, once you next access the Platform. Please feel free to print out a copy of these Terms for your records. These Terms shall not be assignable by you, either in whole or in part. Partie reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
17. Additional Terms.
Certain portions of the Platform or Services offered through it may be subject to additional or different terms and conditions, including the End User License Agreement. We will notify you if a Service or portion of the Platform is subject to terms and conditions that differ from these Terms, and you will have the opportunity to decline to participate in such Service or Platform if you do not agree with the differing terms and conditions.
In addition to any right or obligation that by its nature or intent is intended to survive the termination or expiration of these Terms, the following Sections shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms and shall apply indefinitely: (i) Section 4 (Ownership; Reservation of Rights); (ii) Section 11 (Warranty Disclaimer); (iii) Section 12 (Limitation of Liability); (iv) Section 13 (Indemnity); (v) Section 15 (Modification to these Terms; Assignment); and (vi) Section 16 (General).
20. Contact Us.
If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of our Platform, or your dealings with our Platform, please contact us by using the information below, or by other means of communication as described on our Platform: <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>.
21. Effective Date.
22. COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE.
Copyright © 2019 Partie Partners, LLC. All Rights Reserved.